Mexify Your Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey
It’s been days after Thanksgiving and you’re still serving that Thanksgiving Turkey to your family just because you don’t want it to go to waste. But the real reason is you spent hours slaving away prepping and cooking that delicious Turkey so why shouldn’t it be served on more than one occasion.
If you’re tired of turning your leftover Thanksgiving Turkey into soup, salad, wraps, sandwiches, or just tired of microwaving that same Turkey for your family, then this blog post will make sure your family continues to thank you even after Thanksgiving.
Iron Cactus Executive Chef, Chozet (pronounced Sho-zay), and yes, he goes by one name like Prince or Oprah, recently appeared on Good Day Austin to showcase how to Mexify Iron Cactus style leftover Turkey. He reinvented our Stacked Pork Enchiladas by creating Stacked Turkey Enchiladas. Follow the recipe below to turn your leftover Thanksgiving Turkey into a dressed-up Mexican dish.
Iron Cactus Stacked Turkey Enchiladas recipe by Chef Jaime Chozet
|5||oz.||prepped||Turkey Meat (pulled)|
|6||oz.||prepped||Choice of Beans|
– Sauté rajas and green chiles with the shredded turkey in a small amount of oil.
– Once hot, add 2 oz. of the verde sauce and stir in the Monterrey cheese. Once the cheese is melted, stack the enchiladas in this order: one red corn tortilla on the plate and put half of the turkey mixture on top, then top with the second tortilla.
– Then spread the remaining mixture on top of that tortilla and top with the third tortilla. Ladle the remaining 2 oz. of verde sauce on the enchilada stack and sprinkle 1 oz. of Monterrey cheese on top.
– Broil until the cheese is melted.
– Cook the egg over easy and place on top of the finished enchilada.
– Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with choice of beans and rice mold.
To see how Stacked Turkey Enchiladas are made, just click on the YouTube video below: